Despite the downturn in the economy the past few years and the volatility of factors continually affecting the resin market; resin producing companies have seen gains in the past year and are optimistic about the future of the resin market.
Resins play a critical role in the manufacturing of industrial coatings. Resins durability, adhesive properties, alkali resistance, and solvent resistance properties are important in the formulation of products in a multitude of industries. Some examples of those industries include graphic arts, architectural, engineering, electronics, automotive, military, and many others. Resins formulated by Gellner Industrial, LLC are water based resins and synthetic resins that are used in the manufacturing of coatings in those industries. Our company’s resins also provide exceptional quality and strength to specialty coatings, and strong adhesion to plastic films, metals, wood, and glass.
Industrial coatings manufacturers are looking to maintain their competitive advantage, reduce or maintain costs, receive more personal attention and technical support, and receive improved value and performance from their resins suppliers. These industrial coatings manufacturing companies are looking to suppliers to help them manufacture more of their products at reduced costs. Resin producing suppliers are doing what they can to meet their customer’s needs. Gellner Industrial, LLC is able to meet these customers’ needs because of our vast product knowledge, our industry experience, our expert chemists, our attentive technical support staff, and our commitment to our customers to meet their ever-changing needs.
The industry is being affected by the resin market rise in costs; the ever-changing needs of customers, and the price volatility of raw materials. Specifically the price volatility of raw materials has affected the industry in the following ways:
- Formula based pricing has direct correlations to customer’s price of their feedstock
- When feedstock costs increase prices increase proportionately for both customers and suppliers
- Feedstock based market structure relies on supply and demand
- Market based environment creates feedstock to increase and the raw materials do not increase proportionately between both customers and suppliers because of depressed demand
- When prices increase raw materials increase based on the environment and the price increase can’t be passed onto customers
- Polymers or raw materials for suppliers end in lower margins until raw materials become less volatile and cost decreases
To handle the affects of the resin market with our company’s capabilities and resources for our customers our company does the following:
- Continually initiate and invest in R&D
- Send samples to our customers at their request
- Modify our products based on our customer’s specifications and technical evaluations
- Encourage feedback from our customers to facilitate continuity
- Reduce production time and cycle time of each product
- Sourcing multiple suppliers to find quality raw materials at real market price
A component within the resin market is the wanting by companies to find alternative ways to be “green” and use “green technologies.” Our part within the scope of being “green” is having finished products that are water based. Furthermore, our company manufactures low pH cationic polymers that supply niche industries with solutions that can’t be accomplished by conventional chemistry. The resins our company produces offer improved adhesion, alkali resistance, and barriers unmatched by anionic counterparts.